Existing Spot Cleaning
1. Pour a small amount of cleaning solution onto a white cloth or towel.
2. Gently rub the area back and forth or in a circular motion so the cleaning solution covers the entire stain. Do not scrub the area. Vigorous scrubbing could damage your carpet.
3. Let it stand for a few minutes.
4. Using a cloth or towel, or clean paper towels, begin to soak up the wet area by pressing down on the carpet. Sometimes this is done best by standing on the area. Repeat this several times as needed.
5. Place a wad of paper towels over the spot, covering with a weight in a plastic bag. As the carpet dries, the residue will transfer to the towel.
6. Repeat the process if required.
If you spill anything on the carpet clean it up immediately or it can become a stain.
Scrape up any solids. A spoon is useful for this.
Follow steps 1 to 4 above.
If required follow steps 5 & 6.